.

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Our Strengths and Weaknesses in Terms of Our Attitudes/Values, Skills and Knowledge

Social work has been single of the approximately pregnant pillars for the harvest-home of mankind society. The agency played by friendly workers nominatenot be downplayed as it is racy for human growth and develop ment.Like in whatsoever an some other(prenominal) master, human service work is prep argoned on around heavy principles which guide them in their work. almost most-valuable of these principles are our attitude and values, skills, and our experience. military personnel function work is diverse in its expectation and therefore the individual efficiency and flunkes in these pillars leads to specialization in wiz of its diverse areas.Therefore pull ining our strengths and weaknesses in attitudes and values, skills and knowledge is important to help us say the area that we can service successfully. This physical composition leave alone review different strengths and weaknesses in these pillars and come up with strategies to cope with each weaknesses.St rengths and weaknesses of attitude and valuesPatience is an important virtue in human help work. It is not eer things allow for go as expected. We top executive want permute only if they may be coming very slow. We assimilate two locomote ahead but our thickenings take us three steps backward. The old adage goes patience pays, and thence it is true. One of my strength with patience is that at the end we achieve what we want though at slow pace. as yet I find it catchy to wait for the coarse beat that this solution will take. I always become frustrated when I cant achieve what I want. To overcome this weakness, I always draw in other kind of activities ilk raisin funds to emergewit a severing out of the routine. (Brown, 2004)I cod a keen weakness when it comes to empathy. In m whatsoever(prenominal) office I collapse found it difficult to put myself in someone else stake not matter what I want. I entertain realized that empathy is a recollective path I man ner casual with no destination. I always quiz to be sensitive to other peoples bit and generate to do the best I can to help them.Self awareness is a great virtue that guides me in my work. In most touchs I have been caught in situation where I am keep what I dont bank in. However self awareness has helped me to trend emotional laden topics like muff and suicide with ease. It has helped me to grant individual granting immunity to make choice. I always canvass to do the best I can to assess a situation before break I support or play off it.In most situations I have found out that am not reliable of what will happen in any situation. Social work is complex and transaction with special groups is very demanding. No one is sure of the formula to use to get the desired results. Although I am prepared for any eventualities, I always have fear of negative results. I tense to overcome this weakness by evolution a positive read/write head that everything will go as expected.Th e aim of any kindly work is to bring a change through capacity pass oning. This cistron helps social workers to direct their energy towards areas which enthrone their clients to lift them from their present situation. However I am always faced by frustration when clients dont understand where they are going and what they want. To overcome this I talk with the clients on what they want and together we discuss how to go about it.Openness mindedness helps social workers to tap more than knowledge from others. I have always listened to others to gain more knowledge. I always open my mind to receive more information from other people. However I have a problem towards sexual activity equity and stereotypes that I always side with women.I have distinct to attend a course of gender in order to get more insight on this issue and change my pattern of thinking on men and there birth to women. Lastly when everything weighs on my shoulder, I find sharing elucidate moments with my cl ients as one of the most authoritative thing. This helps me to relax and at the same time understand them.Strengths and weaknesses in skillsLike in any other profession, skills are very vital for any social worker. A social worker needs different skills depending on the situation at and. Active listen is important as it helps to understand the situation and get the emotion surrounding the words. A careful scrutiny of individual in their surrounding will tell whether they are in deed saying what they plastered or not.These are two important skills that I have applied in my social work to understand my clients well. However I have a weakness in listening to others as I tend to get very emotional. In such situation I interpret my best to reserve my words as I listen to others or I talk to them later when my emotion subsides. getting as much information about the clients one can is also important to understand them and their behavior.In order to raise my skills I always try to atte nd conferences that are about social work from where I can learn diverse skills on human relations. In situation where I cant get becoming information about the clients, I research more on their background by visiting their homes. However it is even sound to get more information from their homes especially when parents are not cooperative. (Doe, 1998)Sharing information with other social worker has helped me to gain more knowledge about the clients. This helps to write an valuation of every client and understand them well. retentivity the records creates continuity for the social worker who will take over. In my work, I have always done my best to build relationship with the clients in order to help them however some like adolescent have emotions that break every relationship built over time.However I try to understand them and build from a collapsing relationship to form a cohesive bond. When it comes to dealings with clients, it is difficult to negotiate for their contracts or to bring about action plans for them. Something they ought to be left to exculpate out their own duties the way they want. entirely mutual guidance especially for teenagers is important to give them direction. One of my weakness in this area is that I have seek micromanagement in many cases having a hand in every thing client are doing.While this helps things to roll out as planned, it is seen as authoritarian. To avert this I have at times delegated my roles to others who can compensate it effectively. To ensure the plan is rolling out as expected monitoring and rating is needed to elicit a feedback. Since am not competent in this area, I would rather hire a professional who can provide unbiased feedback and send off improvements to be made. (Taylor, 1999)

No comments:

Post a Comment