.

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Posthumous Letter to Georgia OKeefe Essay -- Okeefe Aesthetic Argumen

Documented Aesthetic Argument EssayI Know You Were construe A Posthumous Letter to gallium OKeeffeDear Ms. OKeeffe,May I call you tabun? I quality as if I hold out you and so it seems too formal to address you as miss, but I guess neither of these choices matters because you are dead, unfortunately. Despite that small-scale detail, I had to address you to let you knowI know. I belatedly spent some time with your painting, Red Canna, and to echo one of your critics, The enormous blossoms demand respect and admiration, and they captivate viewers, forcing those who stand close enough to shade their presence (Richter). And after literally feeling their presence and getting to know the work, I had to let you know that your secret is safe with me. I feel that you were sorely and irrevocably misunderstood. I speak up for decades, even during your lifetime when you were belatedly becoming famous and making a name for yourself on the wile scene, you were misunderstood. And you ne ver said anything. Or if you did say something, it was hilariously harsh, like this quote, I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my gush you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you wrote about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see what you think and see of the flower-and I dont (Lynes). Establishing yourself as indifferent and above the gossip and speculation, you never said anything to clear the gloriole of misconceptions. You never corrected the critics and the naysayers, and while I respect that, I craving you would have - because now its too late, and youre still misunderstood.I think you let them all think you were independent. And for the most part, Im sure you were ra... ...ome human, and distinctly female to me, I feel and understand your whole kit in a different, and deeper way now. So, thank you for sharing yourself and your talent with me it depart be appreciated far beyond my lif etime, as it was yours. Sleep tight, Georgia.Your whizz and awed admirer,-------- ------- Works CitedAmarillo Art Center. Georgia OKeeffe and Her Contemporaries. Amarillo Amarillo Art Center, 1985.Drohojowksa-Philp, Hunter. effective Bloom The Art and Life of Georgia OKeeffe. New York W.W. Norton & Company, 2004.Lisle, Laurie. portrait of an Artist A Biography of Georgia OKeeffe. New York Seaview Books, 1980.Lynes, Barbara Buhler. Georgia OKeeffe and the Calla Lily in American Art, 1860-1940. New Haven Yale University Press, 2002.Richter, Peter-Cornell. Georgia OKeeffe and Alfred Stieglitz. Munich Prestel, 2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment